Monday, January 19, 2009

London 1: The Kingdom in the Flesh

I know FOR SURE that I formatted this blog before I left the states. What happened? Why this empty shell.

Not important. I am in London and, in the first of many first, am not confined to Heatrow like I was the last time (though, arguably, I could have left. Was that a Nabil decision or a Me decision? Lost to time and foggy memory). On of my first excursions onto the street, in search of a cell (MOW-BILE) phone, I almost immediately got caught in a hellish deluge of painful white hail and, shortly thereafter, very, very cold rain. As usual, I was wearing a sweater, and entered the Car Phones store looking like a drowned rat with a funny accent. My Americanness is already making me self conscious, and it's barely been six hours. This will pass, I have to reassure myself.

More on all of this later. Writing in the lobby isn't ideal.

Play nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment