Friday, May 29, 2009

SURFER NORTH

One for the books, dear readers.

Horrible exam this morning, but it's over, at least.

I got a tip off yesterday from the nice clerk at Spillers (who I think is OwnerNick's daugther) that there was a show happening at UWIC arts college. Following in the vicious cashburn of the morning's academic pursuits, I called up pal Benny, picked up some tickets and went on the merry way. After chomping delicious baguettes at an old people's joints with unnervingly low tables (where we tried to think of a viable alternative to fanatical Christian HellHouses - look them up if you're unfamiliar. Terrifying) we made out way over to the show. We were out on the patio for the first three acts. Alex Dingley and Fredrick Stanley Star had been recommended. The former was a shambolic acoustic / toy keyboard set of guy-yell / girl-sing tunes - enjoyed - while the latter was what would go down if Grizzly Bear were Welsh and had a lower budget for equitment. Good time, good time.

Once Benny disappeared, I stuck around for the next couple electric acts, but the poor acoustics and strange scene (I think everyone else was a UWIC art student. I felt underdressed and overgroomed.) drove me back to my place.

It's all cool. I've got Bleak House to enjoy (some dude exploded!) and I'm home in a week.

Also, I heard Green Day's 21st Century Breakdown in a store a few days back. I am listening to Insomniac right now and thinking of ways to restrict Billie Joe Armstrong's access to C-Span.

Love and...more love.

No comments:

Post a Comment